Monday, January 1, 2018

A Look Back



As I think back on 2017 I am almost overwhelmed with the meaning of friendship and family.  Looking thru our holiday cards yesterday I was struck by the many relationships we have, ranging from childhood friends to new Maryland friends to many in-between. I am grateful for them all.

In a year when I often felt utter dismay at the state of our country and world, love sustained me. The love I received and witnessed from family, friends, strangers, pets, nature, the Spirit. And music.  I hope that I am able to pass that on, to show that life indeed is worth living.


It was a year of great travel adventures, meaningful music-making and taking the first steps to become a spiritual director. The year brought sobering news about Bill's health and the realization of what aging entails.

Throughout the ups and downs I have been blessed to be a part of new life, in dear little Zev.  To see our world anew, with no preconceptions, is a gift and a lesson.

My wish for the new year is that we be kind to each other.  Even when it means reaching across the aisle, the divide-let's treat each other as human beings, with love and kindness.


Blessings on your new year.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Julia! Blessings for your New Year and love and peace for 2018. Blessed to be a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, Susan-new friend:-)

      Delete